Smart Home Protection Ltd takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. We are committed to protecting it and we will be very clear about the information we are collecting and what we do with it. All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we share the data with;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- How we comply with the data protection rules.
Smart Home Protection Ltd is registered in England & Wales; 6995997. Its registered office is 12/13 Conduit Road, Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 9TJ. The data controllers in relation to GDPR are Matthew Black and Clare Black.
We collect and retain personal data for:
Customers & designated emergency contacts
Current and former employees
Visitors to our website/social media sites
Personal data means any information relating to you as detailed below (but not limited to):
- Contact Details
- Email Address
- Payment Details
- Bank Details
- Passport Information
- Work History
- Emergency Contacts
- Date Of Birth
- Medical Details (for applicable customers)
- Security Systems installed and products/services purchased
- Further information you exchange with us or send to us via letters, emails, calls and social media
Personal details about your physical or mental health, race, ethnic origin, politics, religion alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences, sexual orientation, trade union membership, genetics and biometrics are considered as ‘special category data’ under GDPR. It is considered more sensitive so needs more protection. We will process any such data only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
Data is supplied to us by the individual or a source on behalf of the individual.
We obtain the following data from third party data suppliers:
- Landline Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
These suppliers are authorised and verified suppliers under GDPR rules of ‘legitimate interests of SHP’ which comply with our usual business activities. They are:
- Leads 2 Trade
- Data Baby
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your security system
- Customer service – Contacting you about the services you have asked for and any changes/maintenance to that service
- Specific data will be shared with our third party business partners who fulfil aspects of your contract with us (in line with the legal basis and will not disclose it for our own purposes)
- To provide information we believe will be of interest to you in relation to new products or improved service offerings.
- To fulfil our responsibilities as an employer
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
- Staff/Job applicants – Consent
- Customers – Contract and Vital Interest
- Emergency Contacts – Vital Interest
- Prospective customers – Legitimate Interests
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for.
Data is stored electronically and in paper format. Security measures have been adopted to protect your personal information and reduce the risk of loss and unauthorised disclosure or access. Only authorised personnel have access to your data.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
Under the rules of GDPR you have the right to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- Request a copy of the information we hold
- Rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data
- Request the deletion of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Restrict processing
- Data portability – obtain and use your data for your own purposes across different services
- Further rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: https://ico.org.uk/
SMART Home Protection may share your details with our partners such as:
- Alarm Receiving Centres
- Guarding Companies
- Police Authorities
- Fire Services
- Ambulance Services
You may contact us with regards to any of the above at:
Smart Home Protection Ltd
12/13 Conduit Road
Tel: 01543 276603
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 18th June 2019.